Monday, December 16, 2019

Mission 3; Blog 2

  Final Video


The process of creating the final product began by collecting the images I needed for my final composition. My idea originated from scrolling through Instagram tags of famous places with #StephensGreenShoppingCentre having the most consistently similar photos but yet holding the most interesting composition so I decided to use it as my source for my images.

This began the long and tedious process of collecting images which involved taking note of the source of each image, screenshotting each image and cropping each image individually. After compiling and editing all my images I then began the process of actually creating my final image by importing all the images into Gimp as individual layers. I then began the intricate and precise process of overlaying all the images by individually changing their opacities and manually aligning each of them within the frame so that the central clocks all lined up to achieve my desired effect. This process involved a lot of trial and error and adjustments due to the precise nature of the task.

I was then asked by one of my fellow members for assistance through the process as they too had little to no experience with image editing. Luckily, due to the cohesive nature of our theme I was able to guide them through the process over Skype Screen sharing.

After compiling all the images from my group members I then began the process of creating the content for the final video. After brainstorming how to actually present the content in a video format I landed on a series of Kahoot-esque panels for the Gameshow which was both an interesting way to present the images but also not too complicated for my limited image and video editing skills. I then had to draw up a rough draft of the entire video so that I knew what style of panels I wanted and also how many I would need for the final video. I initially attempted to create these panels within Gimp but that proved too difficult for the skill set that I had so I resigned to creating the panels using Google Slides as it was the most accessible way for me to do so at the time. I imported all my media into Google Slides and began the process of making each panel using the rough draft of the video as a guideline.

I then had to write up a script for the video which involved all the necessities for the mission such as the outlining of the goal for the mission, including each members' voice over their part, etc. while also creating a narrative to sell the Gameshow aspect of the video.

After recording all the audio for the video, to the best of our abilities, according to the guideline I began the long and difficult editing process using all the content that I had compiled. Although the guideline for the video served me well I did have to create more panels and record more audio during the video editing process to cover any oversights I had before I actually began editing. I then also had to compile any tertiary audio and sound effects for the video.

After a long and complicated editing process we ended up with our finished video which proved unnecessarily difficult to export but after remedying that issue we finally exported and submitted our final video.

No comments:

Post a Comment