Monday, December 16, 2019

Mission 2; Blog 3

Reflection

As a result of this mission I learned a lot about the history of blogging and I also got the chance to learn about the culture surrounding blogging and it's impact throughout the years. I knew that blogging was an old platform but I had never really grasped the full scope of blogging until we did some research on it for the mission. Researching blogging also opened my eyes as to what blogging really is or what it can be and also what constitutes as a blog; my discovery of micro-blogging really opened my eyes as realising that platforms such as Twitter and even Tumblr were considered blogs, be they more modernised forms of the medium, rally opened my eyes to the scope of blogging as an online medium.

I discovered that there is a lot more to running a blog than I thought there was initially. I became a lot more aware of the intricacies of actually running and keeping up with a blog formally or professionally; that blogging is not the archaic platform that I thought it was. I began realising that maintaining a blog takes a lot of hard work and dedication and consistency for it to succeed. Although I came to those realisations while exploring the mission I was also finding that running a more personal blog is a lot more enjoyable than I had originally thought and that my ideal form of personal content creation could actually be blogging. Although the short form content of modern media helps facilitate the more modern lifestyle, I actually personally enjoyed the more detailed, more expanded format of a blog. I enjoyed the freedom that blogging granted in it's post formats and the lack of stigma around what a blog 'needs' to be or what should be on one. I also found the customisation side of blogs immensely enjoyable, it granted me a creative freedom that no social media that I've ever used has allowed.

All in all, I feel like I achieved the goal I had set for myself of creating and adding to my blog and was quite pleased with how much I actually engaged with blogging during the mission. I also feel that I engaged with blogging as a whole a lot during this mission which allowed for a more genuine understanding of the mission. I think that we could have done a lot better on the presentation as due to the lack of communication and cooperation from some members of the group, our presentation felt quite disjointed and didn't feel very cohesive although I do still vehemently believe that the parts of the presentation that were cooperated on would still stand not too badly on their own much like during Mission 1.

Though it was initially made solely for the mission, I actually was quite pleased with my blog and how it turned out overall, so much so that I have actually continued it a little bit past the mission as I genuinely enjoyed engaging with blogging throughout my time wit the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment