Monday, December 16, 2019

Mission 1; Blog 3

Reflection

I thoroughly enjoyed the broadness of this mission topic as it allowed room for a lot of exploration of the many paths and ideas which could have been taken. This both inspired and encouraged me to explore the mission in a variety of different ways which I appreciated and engaged with as best as I could. I'm glad I chose this as my first mission as it really allowed for some fun and creative ideas and final products.

Going into this mission I honestly did not think I had much of a learning experience ahead of me but throughout the project I found myself researching and learning a lot around the topics of Adaptations, Remixes, and Mashups, most notably some of the laws associated with these topics which I had never really known before.Through my research I learned about the struggles of artists online, especially in relation to artists who make non-profit/protest art that struggle greatly with the unauthorised monetisation of their art.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I had gone through many different ideas for my final idea before landing on the music video but because I chose to create the music video I in turn learned to video edit using Lightworks, be it very trial and error based and a little unsophisticated but still a new skill. Although none of them actually made the final cut of the mission I really did enjoy experimenting and creating rough mock-ups/prototypes of some of the earlier ideas from the topic and in the brief time I spent testing some of them I did learn a few small skills here and there such as sound editing when testing the Contrasting Songs idea.

A big difficulty for me during this mission was attempting to create something that I was satisfied with with the limited skill-set and resources available to me in the time frame of the mission. Due to it's creative nature the mission inspired me to conjure some very obscure and exciting ideas but once I indulged some of them I quickly began to recognise my limitations of what I could do at the time.

Due to a complete lack of communication from some of the group during the process of this mission our final presentation suffered greatly in it's cohesiveness but I feel that the parts that we did collaborate on held together quite well. I wished that we could've fully collaborated on this mission as it would have allowed for an even more in depth exploration of the potential of this mission.

I'm most proud of the outcome of my music video as although it had quite a lacklustre start and a rocky process, the final product came out quite good in my opinion, for it's circumstances, and I can say that I am quite satisfied with it's final outcome honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment